Monday, December 12, 2011

According to Rock

At night around 8:30pm, Rock becomes the sweetest smartest thing! Suddenly he is full of more hugs and more interesting facts than any other time of day.  We put him to bed but then he comes out of his room about 1 minute later saying "I gotta tell you someping, Mom!" 
Sometimes he asks me to "'Nuggle" by him for a "mee-ut" then he tells me about his day which often includes a fictional account of our adventures at the zoo that day.
He also knows some great animals facts -- which actually impress me.

One night he says in the dark:
"Mom, Chipmunks have pockets in their cheeks to keep nuts.  Mom?  What's this?" 
He is pointing in the direction of his eyebrows so I guess "Umm, your eyebrow?"
"Yes!  That's Right! You have one Mom?"
 "Yes, I do."
"Ooohh.  Mom?  What's this?"
 He is pointing in the direction of his forehead so I say "Umm, your forehead?"
"Yes!!! That's Right!! Do you know what they are for mom?" 
"Well..." 
"For sunburns!"

Another occasion, I am tucking him into bed and I went to kiss him on the cheek but he turned at that time and I kissed his ear. 
"Mom!  You kissed my ear! -- I think my cheek would be better."  Then he held out that yummy soft cheek for me.

The other day we were looking at his toes.  I had painted his big toes because he felt left out when I was painting the girls toes.  He said "Mom, my toes are red.  I have finger pank on my toes!"  Then we talked about who paints their toes "Batman?"  No!!!  "Daddy?"  No!!!  Then he said "It not finger pank ... (a pause while he thinks)...it girl polish!"

Sometimes he tells me "Mom, I happy today... see my 'mile?  I have a nice 'mile."
One of my favorite things about Rock right now is that he is my "pal".  If you try to call him "friend" or "buddy" or "little man", he will tell you:  "No!  I mama's pal!"  I am so lucky!

And if you try to call him "superman" "batman" "mr. man"   "No! I Rock.  R-O-C-K. Rock."
He is serious about it. 

Oh, and did I mention that he wore his Octopus costume to the Christmas party?  I didn't have the heart to make him change.  The last time we went to a party at the church was at Halloween. So when he heard it was time to go to the Ward Christmas party he was so excited.  He tore off the outfit I had given him.  I thought he just didn't want to wear clothes, so I just went to get dressed myself thinking I would deal with it after that.  When I came out of my room there he was in his costume:  "I ready!"
The funny thing is, they had a photographer in our ward take really nice family pictures of the kids sitting on Santa's lap.   I don't have it back yet, but it will be a true keepsake.  my girls in darling Christmas dresses --- with their brother Rocktopus :)  At least he was 'miling. 

1 comments:

Raree (RAH-ree) said...

HAHAHAHA Oh, what a cute little Rock he is. :D Wish you guys were closer so I could be a personal witness to some of the cuteness!

 
Blogger design by suckmylolly.com