Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Everything I need to know I learned from Harry Potter

So most of you know that Elle is a Harry Potter addict.  I am truly wondering if anyone has read the books (all of them) as many times as she has.  Most mornings I find her with a Harry Potter book on her lap smiling and reading.  She reads other things -- even other things multiple times.  But HP is the air in between.  She can't breathe without a book -- and she burns through them.  Our last trip to the library she checked out 14 books.  The limit on her card.  She was done in 3 days and back to HP. help.  Everything relates to  HP.  I was explaining something about the government and the prime minister. Elle interupts "Oh, right mom. I know.  It's like Cornelius Fudge and the Ministry of Magic."  I wish I could remember all the times that Elle has said that "Oh right.  I know. It is just like in Harry Potter where...." Is it ok if a child grows up with an alter reality because she lives in a book?
Anyway, if you ever have books suggestions for one ravenous reader... please pass them my way.

Something funny Ava said:  "There are 2 things I always remember how to do -- even if I haven't done them for awhile:  Riding a bike and swimming.  I always remember.  But there is something I don't remember if it has been a long time: blowing up a balloon.  That is super hard."

And 2 Rock funnys:

He is playing with something and India comes up and is trying to play with him.  He moves and she moves and sidles up to him again.  This happens a couple of times and I'm worried maybe he is going to finally push her away or something but instead he says "Inya (which is how he says her name)! GOD says (dramatic pause) "PLAY ALONE!"  :) I guess it is the 11th commandment?


One night we were walking home from an outing from the tube station through the park.  It was evening and shadowy.  Rock walks next to me and says " Bears and 'piders and bats! It's 'pooky out here!"  Then he stops and sniffs the air.  "Mom.  Do 'mell summat? -- I 'mell (sniff sniff)... I 'mell (sniff sniff)... Ghosts!"

And India is a total spunk these days.  So funny. Just the way her body moves and her eyes blink and her facial expressions.  Her personality is really coming through.  One of my favorite words that she is says is "loo."  She has been expressing interest in potty-training -- and so I ask her "Do you need to go to the loo?"  So she will nod and say "Loo." She says it so purposefully and she is so small -- it sounds hilarious. 

4 comments:

CinnaPatty said...

Ha! I love it. OK, so you're on goodreads right? Has Elle read the Ranger's Apprentice series? Excellent books and there are like 10 or 11 in the series. My Joshua burns through books too! He read the entire series in the time I took to read the first four...I'm still on book 8...
Good luck!

jenifer said...

soo cute! i love your rock.

Raree (RAH-ree) said...

haha Of course Elle is living an alternate reality. She lives in HP land . . . or at least the setting. :) Darn I wish I could visit you guys there. SO much! At least as much or more that I wish that I could visit April in Hawaii. Hawaii's more likely to happen, though. *sigh*

Unknown said...

The blog was absolutely fantastic! Lots of great information and inspiration, both of which we all
need!b Keep ‘em coming… you all do such a great job at such Concepts… can’t tell you how much I, for one appreciate all you do!
Basement Waterproofing Brooklyn

 
Blogger design by suckmylolly.com